Service company valuation
This is another installment of our periodic analysis of public SaaS company valuation trends. The data is sourced from the excellent data collection and analysis provider by the Software Equity Group – check out their complete set of free research reports here.
Some interesting takeaways from the data:
- Out of 24 software categories, pure play SaaS companies are the third most valuable from an Enterprise Value/Revenue multiple, second most valuable from an EV/EBITDA multiple perspective.
- The pure play SaaS category had the strongest year over year revenue growth of any software category
- SaaS companies have posted a median 73% year over year stock market return. Almost half of the companies have posted >100% return and three firms have posted >20% return
- There is significant variation in valuation metrics amongst the pure play SaaS companies – ranging from a high a 7.2X EV/TTM Revenue multiple to a low of 0.2x EV/Revenue
- SaaS firms are generally EBITDA profitable, with an average EBITDA % of 8.2%. About a quarter of the companies have negative EBITDA margins.
- Gross profit margins are lower than traditional license software firms, with a median gross margin of 68%
- Surprisingly, high ttm revenue growth rates do not correlate to high valuations or high year over year stock market returns.
Valuation: Measuring and Managing the Value of Companies (Wiley Finance)
You might also like:
Small Claims Court in CA limit is $7500 &
Your friend would sue the other driver as well as the owner of the other vehicle (should you choose to do so). Do not let the insurance company mislead you by getting involved; frequently they tell their insured to say that their "insurance company is representing me/us", etc. Hogwash. Direct your demand letter to the other party (driver) and if they do not pay up, file your complaint against th...he court (judge) to order the other party to reimburse you for your court costs and fees. This form can be served on the other party by another person mailing it for you.
Remember: YOU CANNOT SERVE THE OTHER PARTY YOURSELF - HAS TO BE A PERSON NOT INVOLVED IN THE LAWSUIT.
I did up these documents for my son for CA Small Claims Court. the court hearing was in mid-August. We will win.
Investors fear more accounting woes
With investors fearful of the accounting minefields that may be lurking, the Nasdaq has been unable to stop the hemorrhaging and the Dow industrials to break out of a frustrating trading range.
Wild gyrations characterized trading activity this week, fraying investors' nerves day in and day out.
'If you love volatility, this has been a great week. Rallies and declines seem to come o...ks ended on firm footing after wavering earlier in the day.
The 10-year Treasury note was up 6/32 to yield ($TNX: news, chart, profile) 4.83 percent while the 30-year government bond tacked on 13/32 to yield ($TYX: news, chart, profile) 5.34 percent. See Bond Report.
In the currency space, the dollar declined 0.2 percent to 134.02 yen while the euro added 0.6 percent to 87.53 cents.
What type of lawyer do I need- eviction?
Will try to be concise, I am devastated. Worked for a nat'l storage co. for 3 years, living onsite. Was injured, began to complain more than a year post-diagnosis (by their doctor) after repeated requests for a followup care referral (never rec'd), I was "separated" i.e. fired. I was very favorably reviewed for three years- I believe this is the "real" reason behind my dismissal.
Paperwork...hen I was ready to move out- after the apt. was clear. I came in to do so, and to return keys, and he told me that the locks were changed when he was not there, and that the items were removed and taken by a service called Reliable. All my extra income in the last six years went into purchasing and and restoring these beautiful pieces. It strikes me as nothing short of retaliatory and malicious.
Sat morn sacbee
Front page. state layoffs could number into thousands, up to 10 thousand, for now. and grey wants to borrow and increase taxes to balance budget.
if you want to buy a house, wait 2-3 years, you'll get much more house for the money. use the extra time to pay down all your debt and save for a bigger down payment.
if you buy at today's valuation and the market dries up, then if you ever...ntrary to what you've been told, buying a house with leverage (i.e. borrowing) can be a big gamble at certain times.
consider, maybe, buying a duplex or quad and renting out the other units to service the mortgage. then if you ever absolutely have to relocate, you wouldn't be in such a hurry to sell. your tenants would be making at least most of your mortgage payment. imho, just a thought.
PatentBridge to Sell Patent Extending Retirement Account Duration — MarketWatch
MENLO PARK, Calif., Jun 26, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- PatentBridge LLC, the preeminent Silicon Valley patent broker since 2003, is pleased to announce that it will be selling Patent 8055566, covering a unique solution to one of the greatest problems …
InterDigital's CEO Hosts Investor Conference (Transcript) — Seeking Alpha
The way I think about it is we are selling patent assets and those would be subject to any existing encumbrances and those encumbrances are associated with license agreements revenue from which we would retain. Charlie Anderson - Dougherty …
Valuation Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises and Tests to Help You Master Valuation (Wiley Finance)
Report of the Engineers Valuation Board in re Pittsburgh Railways Company
Book (Nabu Press)
- Service company evaluation
- Software services company Valuation
- Services company Valuation methods
- Service company explanation
- Service company reporting